Report: Italian tanker seized off W. Africa freed

By REUTERS
July 29, 2011 04:40

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

ROME - An Italian tanker seized by pirates in the Gulf of Guinea off Benin earlier this week has been freed, the Ansa news agency said, citing port officials.

The Italian Foreign Ministry on Sunday said the ship, the RBD Anema e Core with a crew of 23 on board, was taken in the early hours of that day when a number of assailants boarded.

At the time, local authorities said pirates made off with some goods but left the crew unharmed.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
Russia ready to discuss new Putin-Trump meeting in White House

By REUTERS