Report: Sudan's Bashir had 'small' surgery in Saudi Arabia

By REUTERS
November 6, 2012 18:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

KHARTOUM - Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir underwent a "small, successful" operation in Saudi Arabia, state media said on Tuesday, his second surgery this year.

Bashir, 68, has held fewer public rallies in the past few months, prompting Sudanese newspapers and blogs to speculate about his health.

Last month a government official said the president had surgery on his vocal cords in Qatar in August but was in good health.

Bashir is wanted by the International Criminal Court for war crimes in the western Darfur region, which he denies.

Saudi Arabia is not a signatory to the ICC and despite the arrest warrant, Bashir has been able to visit countries including Ethiopia, China, Egypt, and Chad among others since it was issued in 2009.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 14, 2018
Death toll from California wild fires rises to 48

By REUTERS