Source: US Secret Service to dismiss two more agents

By REUTERS
April 21, 2012 01:16

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

WASHINGTON - The US Secret Service plans to dismiss two more agents in connection with alleged misconduct with prostitutes in Colombia last week before President Barack Obama's trip there, a government source said on Friday.

"It's been indicated to us that there are two agents that today are going to be told that the Secret Service intends to begin termination proceedings against them," the source told Reuters, asking not to be named.

The planned dismissals would follow the departure of three other Secret Service employees on Wednesday because of the scandal. It involved a night of partying from April 11-12 that embarrassed the United States and overshadowed Obama's participation in the Summit of the Americas last weekend.

Eleven Secret Service agents were linked to the scandal, in which at least 21 women were brought back to a beachfront hotel. The Pentagon said on Friday that 11 military personnel were under investigation in the episode, one more than previously reported.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 26, 2018
Two arrested in Denmark for attempting to smuggle drones to ISIS

By REUTERS