Turkey says second national kidnapped in Lebanon

By REUTERS
August 17, 2012 17:19

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

ISTANBUL - Turkey said on Friday a second of its citizens had been kidnapped in Lebanon on Thursday and warned its nationals against traveling to the country.

Lebanese Shi'ite gunmen kidnapped more than 20 people on Wednesday, including a Turkish businessman, in retaliation for the capture of one of their kinsmen in Syria.

Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar told their citizens to leave Lebanon after Wednesday's kidnappings and threats to seize more citizens of countries that have backed the uprising against Syria's President Bashar Assad. It was not immediately clear if Thursday's kidnapping was related to the abductions a day earlier.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 17, 2018
Netanyahu to hold security assessment following Gaza rocket attack

By JPOST.COM STAFF