Turkish foreign minister to visit Iran after Saudi talks

By REUTERS
July 10, 2011 13:37

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

ISTANBUL - Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu will visit Iran on Sunday after holding talks in Saudi Arabia focused on turmoil in the region, notably in Syria, a Turkish official said.

Davutoglu had been expected to return to Turkey on Sunday after meeting his Saudi counterpart, but now intends to carry out a whirlwind tour of regional hotspots before heading home late on Tuesday, the official said.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Selcuk Unal said discussions would cover the unrest in Syria, the neighbor that Turkey worries about most, and other Arab states like Bahrain, where Turkey has offered advice to defuse sectarian tensions, and touch on developments in Libya as well.

"It's just a sort of stock-taking, and an opportunity to transmit our thoughts on these issues," Unal said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
U.S. says no rebuilding funds for Syria until peace talks underway

By REUTERS