UK police arrest Frenchman after firearm found at Gatwick Airport

By REUTERS
November 14, 2015 18:52

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

LONDON- British police said the evacuation of London's Gatwick Airport earlier on Saturday was connected to the discovery of a possible firearm in a bin and a 41 year-old man from France had been arrested.

Britain's threat level remains its second-highest "severe" level after 127 people were killed in a series of gun and bomb attacks in Paris on Friday.

Police said that they had arrested the man from Vendome in France at Gatwick, 30 miles south of London, on suspicion of firearms offenses and they were carrying out a forensic examination of the weapon, whose viability had yet to been established.

"The man is being interviewed as we try to determine the circumstances of the incident, but at this time it is too early to say what his intentions, if any, were," Sussex Police detective superintendent Nick May said in a statement.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Report: Iran says no OPEC member can take over its share of oil exports

By REUTERS