UK warns Iran of consequences over embassy incident

By REUTERS
November 29, 2011 20:24

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

LONDON - Iran faces "serious consequences" after protesters stormed two British diplomatic compounds in Tehran, British Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Tuesday, adding that he had protested in the "strongest terms" to Iran's foreign minister.

"We hold the Iranian government responsible for its failure to take adequate measures to protect our embassy, as it is required to do," Hague said in a statement. "Clearly there will be other, further, and serious consequences."

Hague said all embassy staff and their dependents had been accounted for. Earlier reports said six British embassy staff were briefly held hostage during the incident.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Report: Iraqi Supreme Court ratifies results of May election

By REUTERS