UN experts recommend sanctioning two Iran firms

By REUTERS
June 13, 2012 00:28

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

UNITED NATIONS - An independent panel of experts has recommended that the UN Security Council's Iran sanctions committee add two Iranian firms to a UN blacklist for violating a UN ban on arms exports by Tehran.

The recommendation to sanction Iran's Yas Air and SAD Import-Export is included in a confidential report by the panel of experts, seen by Reuters last month, which UN Security Council diplomats said was due to be released in the near future.

That report said Syria remained the top destination for Iranian arms shipments in violation of a UN Security Council ban on weapons exports by the Islamic Republic.

Britain's Deputy UN Ambassador Philip Parham told the UN Security Council on Tuesday that London supported the panel's recommendation of sanctioning the two firms.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 24, 2018
May defends 'credible' Brexit proposal -CBS News interview

By REUTERS