US continues to conduct air strikes in Libya

By REUTERS
April 13, 2011 18:59



WASHINGTON - The Pentagon said on Wednesday that US fighter jets have conducted strikes on Libyan air defenses even after NATO took command over operations in Libya.




Colonel David Lapan, a Pentagon spokesman, said US aircraft had been dropping bombs on Libyan air defenses following the full handover earlier this month to NATO control of the coalition operation there.




US officials had previously said that the United States was limiting its current role in the operation to support and patrolling of a no-fly zone over Libya.




Lapan said the United States remained in a support role.



Related Content

Breaking news
May 22, 2018
Hamas has excellent relationship with Hezbollah, Gaza chief says

By MAARIV ONLINE