US official: No indication drone in Iran was shot down

By REUTERS
December 4, 2011 21:27

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

WASHINGTON - A US official said on Sunday that Washington had no indication that a drone that had crashed in Iran had actually been shot down.

In Tehran, state television quoted a military source as saying that Iran's military had shot down a US reconnaissance drone aircraft in eastern Iran.

"There is absolutely no indication up to this point that Iranians shot down this drone," the official, who declined to be named, told Reuters.

The NATO-led force in Afghanistan said the drone the Iranians claim to have shot down may be an unarmed surveillance drone that was lost last week while flying over western Afghanistan.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 19, 2018
General: No big shifts expected from U.S. assessment of Afghan war

By REUTERS