Yemeni opposition conditionally welcomes Gulf plan

By REUTERS
April 23, 2011 22:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

SANAA - Yemen's opposition coalition said on Saturday it welcomed a Gulf Arab initiative for President Ali Abdullah Saleh to hand over power but would not take part in a national unity government.

"The opposition welcomes the initiative with the exception of the formation of a national unity government," said the current chairman of the opposition, Yassin Noman.

The opposition had been insisting that it would not accept a central element of the Gulf plan, immunity from prosecution for Saleh and his family.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 18, 2018
Incendiary balloon landed in Ashkelon overnight, Police find

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF