Ideas for Father's Day gifts.
(photo credit: JUDAICA)
Oh boy, it’s “try to find a gift for a dad day.” Socks, silly hats, socks, a football shirt, socks, a book he has already read, more socks?
Father’s day is about telling that special Dad how much we love and appreciate him – and also an opportunity to give him something meaningful. But what to buy? Does Dad love Israel? Then maybe our list of 10 top gifts for Dad from Israel might have you covered.
1. Jewelry. Choose a piece for Dad that is at once masculine and personal. Jewish jewelry fits the bill! Made in Israel, men's Jewish jewelry's most popular motifs are Chai, Star of David, and Jerusalem motifs. Dad's Jewish collection filled? Try a personalized sports necklace.
2. Watches. If your father likes the clean, classy look, then he will certainly appreciate a smart, stylish wristwatch. Sporty Dad who needs advanced diving features? Adi Watches' exclusive designs fit the bill with classic watches and durable Israeli army style watches.
3. Judaica. A special piece of beautifully designed Judaica is a gift that can become an heirloom. Dad can pass down a timeless sterling silver Kiddush Cup down to his children. Judaica is a meaningful gift, but also one that lasts a lifetime. Create memories around the Sabbath Table of family time together. This specially crafted Kiddush Cup will last a lifetime.
4. Funny in Hebrew. If tea and coffee are more dad’s thing than Sabbath wine, then we have found this very manly mug designed by Israeli entrepreneur Barbara Shaw with the Hebrew phrase: “Achla Gever!” (Great Guy!) – Sure to become a dad-favorite with his morning paper. Not your every day "Great Dad" coffee mug!
5. Dead Sea Pampering. Modern men pay attention to skin care, and Israeli cosmetics brand AHAVA created this exclusive line exclusively for men’s skin. Using minerals from the Dead-Sea, this attractively packaged set of products includes shower gel, moisturizing cream, and hand cream. Perfect for his gym-bag or overnight bag.
6. T-Shirt. Does Dad love his t-shirt collection? Add to it with a clever, funny, serious, political, patriotic or nature-loving t-shirt from Israel. Is dad a nice Jewish boy? If so, then he will surely appreciate our tees, created from the best materials to be hard wearing. Featuring 100% exclusive designs sure to make Dad stand out from the other Dads!
7. Tallit. How about a distinctive Israeli-designed Tallit for dad to keep for festivals and special occasions? Yair Emmanuel Tallit, many of which are handcrafted from wool, cotton, and silk, are a favorite for festive Tallit. With stunning embroidery detail in traditional blue and white colors, bright, modern colors, or subdued traditional North African tones. A truly unique gift for dad to treasure and enjoy.
8. Tallit Clips. And to help hold the Tallit in place these elegant nickel Tallit clips featuring a replica of the Hoshen, the sacred breastplate worn by the High Priest in the Holy Temple of the ancient Israelites. These clips are the perfect present for any man who wants to look stylish in and on his way to shul, and feel a bit of Israeli-made Judaica as he clips on his Tallit.
9. Religious Books. Inspirational and thought-evoking, a hard-bound and embossed Book of Psalms would be a much appreciated and loved gift for anyone, and will become a cherished item for dad to pass down through the generations. If buying a religious book, paperbacks are good for Shabbos reading, but for an important gift and reference in the home a hardback will last longer.
10. For the Hungry Dad. Our final gift idea comes in the form of a box set of desirable liquids. Israel olive oil and wine from the groves and vines of the Galilee. This exclusive boutique gift box includes: a 750ml bottle of cold pressed pure virgin olive oil and a 750ml bottle of aged Merlot wine. But don’t expect him to share this one!
So there you have them – ten exciting and interesting gift ideas for this father’s day and not a pair of socks in sight! We hope we have provided the inspiration you need to ensure that dad has a very special Father’s Day 2017.