2 teenage boys admit vandalizing Jewish cemetery in southern Hungary

By
February 5, 2008 16:42

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Two teenage boys have admitted vandalizing a Jewish cemetery in southern Hungary, police said Tuesday. The boys - aged 15 and 16 - also admitted carrying out similar attacks last month on a Holocaust memorial and a store owned by Chinese immigrants, said Gabor Biro, spokesman of the Kaposvar city police force. In Sunday's incident, the suspects painted swastikas and anti-Semitic slogans on two dozen graves. It was the fourth time in the past year the graveyard in Kaposvar, 190 kilometers southwest of Budapest, had been vandalized, and police were investigating whether the two suspects had any connection to the earlier cases.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

US PRESIDENT Donald Trump
July 19, 2019
Trump says U.S. will talk to Britain after Iran seizes oil tanker

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings