Gates: US not planning war with Iran

By
February 2, 2007 17:25

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

US Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Friday that the decision to send a second aircraft carrier to the Gulf region does not mean the United States is planning for a war with Iran. Gates told Pentagon reporters the US is trying to stem Iranian involvement in violence by Iraqi insurgents, and said there are continuing concerns about Iran's move toward nuclear power. But he quickly added that the movement of the carrier is to demonstrate that America is committed to the Gulf region. He also said that he has not seen any credible proof yet that any Iranians were involved in the ambush last week in Karbala that left five US soldiers dead.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jamal Khashoggi
November 15, 2018
Saudi Arabia seeks death penalty against 5 suspects in Khashoggi killing

By REUTERS