Lavrov, Rice discuss Iranian nuclear dispute

By
May 28, 2006 12:52

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov discussed the standoff surrounding Iran's nuclear program with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, the Foreign Ministry said Sunday. The two diplomats talked by telephone Saturday about ongoing efforts to resolve the dispute diplomatically, the ministry said, but gave no further details. The conversation came a day after the head of Russia's Security Council arrived in Teheran to discuss the standoff, including incentives to be offered as a reward if Iran suspends uranium enrichment. Igor Ivanov was scheduled to hold talks with Iran's top nuclear negotiator, Ali Larijani, and other top officials, Iranian state-run television reported Sunday. Lavrov and Rice are scheduled to meet with top diplomats from other world powers next week to decide on a package of incentives for Iran to stop enriching uranium.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER