PM Brown: Public spaces need better protection against car bombs

By
November 14, 2007 18:21

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Britain unveiled plans Wednesday to tighten defenses against car bombs at British airports and rail stations, as the country's terrorism minister warned of a 30-year battle against extremists. Prime Minister Gordon Brown said airports and 250 of the busiest train terminals would get new blast barriers and impose strict limits on access for vehicles. Brown did not elaborate on how access might be limited - or how that might affect passengers who already put up with what many call overcrowding and poor service at Heathrow International Airport in London. But in the past, Britain has erected security barriers around major buildings, and taken steps such as eliminating garbage cans to prevent them from being used as bomb receptacles.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER