Swiss send home suspect in El Al plane plot case

By
July 16, 2007 16:16

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Switzerland has released the last remaining man in detention from a group previously accused of plotting to shoot down an Israeli passenger flight, an official said Monday. The 29-year-old man has been sent back to his native Algeria, said Swiss investigating magistrate Paul Perraudin. The man was the last suspect from a group of eight people of North African origin arrested last year for their alleged participation in the terror plot. The Swiss Criminal Court in April rejected the charges against the man, saying that the existence of the plot could not be proved. While Swiss prosecutors have provided few details of their probe, they confirmed the arrests in June 2006, a month after Israeli media reported that the cell planned a rocket attack on an El Al plane that would take off from Geneva airport in December 2005. The discovery of the plot prompted the airline to divert its flights to Zurich for a week, according to the reports.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Kosovo President Hashim Thaci speaks during interview in Pristina, Kosovo August 14, 2018
September 21, 2018
Kosovo will open embassy in Jerusalem if recognized, president says

By CASSANDRA GOMES-HOCHBERG