A personal air filter sparked a fire on a Continental Airlines jet with 160 people on board, forcing an emergency landing.
Six people were taken to a hospital, officials said. Their condition was not immediately known, John McGinley, Colorado Springs Airport's assistant director of operations, told The Gazette of Colorado Springs.
Flight attendants put out the flames, and the plane landed safely Friday evening, Continental spokeswoman Julie King told The Associated Press.
The battery-powered device, which is worn around the neck and filters air near the person wearing it, malfunctioned and sparked a fire, King said. The person was wearing it when it caught fire, but it was unclear how badly hurt the person was.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>