Woman who killed daughters declared fit to stand trial

Michal Aloni of Ra'anana choked Roni, 4, and Natalie, 6; her husband says she is "as sane as I am or anyone else."

By JPOST.COM STAFF,
November 19, 2010 11:13
1 minute read.
Roni and Natalie

Strangled kids and dad 311. (photo credit: Channel 10)

Michal Aloni, the Ra'anana woman who allegedly murdered her two daughters last week, was declared fit to stand trial on Friday, after a psychological evaluation.

The police has asked the Petah Tikva Court to extend Aloni's remand.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


Aloni confessed to choking her two daughters, Roni, 4, and Natalie, 6, and reenacted the murders for police.

Police believe the two girls were choked while lying in their beds, minutes before they were scheduled to head out for kindergarten and school.

The court ruled that Aloni must remain in custody and be kept under observation due to the threat she poses to others and herself, adding that she also have her psychiatric state fully evaluated.

Aloni was seen muttering to herself in court during the proceedings.

During Michal Aloni's remand hearing, police had attempted to delay the evaluation by a few days, arguing that it would disrupt the double homicide investigation.



“That woman is as sane as I am or anyone else. She even managed to participate in a number of previous evaluations, and the fact is no one has tried to claim she was insane,” said Michal Aloni’s husband Amos.


Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town

By SHARON UDASIN