Jordan cancels visit by Mahmoud Zahar

By
April 18, 2006 23:52

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Jordan said Tuesday it was cancelling a visit of the Palestinian foreign minister because activists of his Hamas party had been smuggling missiles and other weapons into the kingdom. Government spokesman Nasser Judeh said a visit by Palestinian Foreign Minister Mahmoud al-Zahar that was to take place on Wednesday had been "put off until further notice." He told The Associated Press that "missiles, explosives and automatic weapons were seized in the last couple of days along with the Hamas activists who had managed to smuggle such dangerous weapons into the country."

Related Content

Supporters of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi in Tahrir square after presidential election r
July 17, 2018
Egypt to offer citizenship to foreigners for $400,000 deposit

By REUTERS