Online video game taken off Internet after Muslim complaints

By
April 28, 2009 17:15

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The designers of an online video game depicting religious figures in mortal combat say they will take it off the Internet after an influential Islamic organization complained it is offensive to Muslims and Christians. Italy-based Molleindustria told The Associated Press by e-mail the game "Faith Fighter" was intended to satirize intolerance but was misunderstood. The company said the game had been online for more than a year and played millions of times. Earlier Tuesday, the Organization of the Islamic Conference, which represents most Muslim countries, called the game "incendiary" and "offensive." Players of the game can engage in martial arts-style combat with characters representing Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, God and the Hindu god Ganesh.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Khashoggie Saudi Arabian Consulate
October 20, 2018
Trump comments after Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi died in consulate

By REUTERS/AZIZ EL YAAKOUBI/JEFF MASON/YARA BAYOUMY