Palestinian groups deny claim they'd halt attacks

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
August 17, 2006 12:58

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas said Thursday that Palestinian factions have agreed to halt all acts that could invite Israeli aggression, but insurgents quickly denied his claim. At a meeting Wednesday, all factions agreed to cease "all actions that, by their nature, give others an excuse to attack us," Abbas said in a speech before a new crop of presidential guards. But Abu Obeidah, a spokesman for Hamas' military wing, said no such agreement had been reached.

Related Content

August 15, 2018
Iran Supreme Leader admits mistake regarding nuclear talks

By REUTERS