Arab Israeli Conflict
Middle East News
Hi Tech News
Right-wing politicians are particularly concerned that without such a repeal, northern Samaria territory would not be included in any sovereignty drive over West Bank settlements.
Netanyahu’s support for the settlement enterprise, is believed to have been reigned by former democratic US president Barack Obama who was in office from January 2009 to January 2017.
When asked about the Trump administration’s response to the plan, Netanyahu said, “they will react as they will react. We will see.These are my principles.”
The including of the three communities on the list “is a clear statement by the government that it will continue to develop and strengthen the settlements [in Judea and Samaria],” Gallant said.
By TOVAH LAZAROFF
The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement hailed the decision as its second success of the day.
Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman said, “We continue to strengthen the settlements in Judea and Samaria with deeds and not with words.”
Right-wing politicians and settlers hailed the decision as a landmark shift away from court decisions that favored Palestinians, to ones that would strengthen settlement building.
His report provided extensive details regarding the collision of government offices with the Binyamin Regional Council in building and providing services to illegal Jewish communities.
Palestinian Authority Foreign Minister Riyad al-Malki said that the plan tilts toward Israel and is unacceptable to the Palestinians.
By HERB KEINON,MICHAEL WILNER
"I really think that the rare constellation of a right wing government, a favorable administration in DC and an international situation that enables it, should allow us to proceed."
By JPOST.COM STAFF
The left-wing organization Peace Now called on the government to immediately order the Hebron families removal.
“The fight now moves to inside the Knesset,” Beit El Council head Shai Elon said on Sunday at a press conference in a protest tent settlers set up last week outside the Knesset.
Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat has already slammed the premier following the announcement, saying it was a violation of international law and “deliberate sabotage” of a two-state solution.
By DANIEL K. EISENBUD
Please insert a valid email address