BREAKING NEWS

Abbas: Peace talks will continue for full 9 months

Peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians will continue for the full nine months, "regardless of what happens on the ground," Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas told AFP on Sunday.
The Palestinian negotiating team resigned earlier this month over continued Israeli settlement construction, while several Israeli right-wing ministers called to halt talks over a string of isolated terror attacks against Israeli soldiers and citizens.
"We have committed to continue the negotiations for nine months, regardless of what happens on the ground. We are committed and we will go to the full nine months, and then we will take the appropriate decision," Abbas told AFP.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use

Read all Tweets >