TRIPOLI - Libyan officials said around seven civilians were killed in a NATO air strike in eastern Tripoli in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Reporters were taken by Libyan government officials to a residential area in the Arada district of Tripoli and saw a body pulled out of the rubble of a destroyed building.
"There was intentional and deliberate targeting of the civilian houses," deputy foreign minister Khaled Kaim told reporters at the site. "This another sign of the brutality of the West."
The building looked as if it had been under construction and mostly vacant.