BREAKING NEWS

One-year-old Beduin baby dies from electrocution in Negev

A one year-old Beduin baby died on Wednesday after being electrocuted, marking the first such incident in 2017. According to child safety organization Beterem, since 2008, 16 children and youth have died from electrocution in Israel. Additionally, the organization said that since the beginning of the year 12 Bedouin children had died.
Orly Silbinger, director-general of Beterem said the incident marked another "tragic event."  She noted that Beterem in collaboration with the Agriculture Ministry runs a program to advance child safety in the Bedouin community in schools, baby centers, and medical clinics in the Negev.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use

Read all Tweets >