Turkish authorities have begun digging at wells and other sites in southeastern Turkey in search of alleged mass graves of Kurds, state-run news agency Anatolia said Monday. A local prosecutor last month ordered the digs as part of an investigation into claims that a number of Kurds who went missing in the 1990s were executed by Turkish security forces. Kurdish activists say their bodies were dumped into wells filled with acid that were later sealed. Private newschannel NTV said heavy diggers and workers using picks and shovels began digging at five sites near a military facility in the mainly Kurdish town of Silopi on Monday. Three bodies of slain Kurds have been unearthed there in the past.