The Knesset's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee (FADC) was pleased with the government's decision to go to war during the first days of fighting, committee chairman Tzahi Hanegbi (Kadima) said in his testimony to the Winograd Committee on the Second Lebanon War.. The committee, however, "did not have contact with the prime minister at the operational level," Israel Radio quoted Hanegbi's testimony, published Tuesday. At the beginning of the war, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert gave the FADC the reasons to"take measures not taken before," Hanegbi said. The FADC did not formulate a plan on how the campaign should continue, but many of its members were of the opinion that the threat on Jewish communities in the North must be removed by diplomacy. On July 19th, halfway through the campaign, Hanegbi proposed to the FADC to establish a subcommittee that would be responsible for the management of the home front, and offered MK Ami Ayalon (Labor) to head the new committee. Ayalon agreed, and the subcommittee has been working since then. It had already issued a "first, serious report," Hanegbi said. The members of the FADC "made their own code of conduct during the war," and decided to "closely accompany" the government in its decisions, Hanegbi said. He added that the members of the FADC "expressed surprised at the decision not to enlist reserve soldiers" early on during the war. Regarding the IDF, Hanegbi said he was "impressed with the army as an organization capable of learning and drawing conclusions," and commended the work done inside the military establishment since the end of the war.