The Hamas proposal for a truce in the Gaza Strip is "not serious" and would only allow the Islamic group to prepare for a new round of fighting, an Israeli official said Friday. Government spokesman David Baker said the group is "playing games, trying to buy time in order to regroup and rearm." Hamas officials said this week that the group is prepared to accept a cease-fire in Gaza. The announcement from Hamas was a concession, because the group was previously demanding a cease-fire that would include the West Bank as well. In Friday's statement, Baker said Israel will "continue to take all measures to defend its citizens."