Clashes erupt at funeral of Palestinian youth in e. J'lem

17-year-old hurt in Silwan 'Nakba Day' protest dies from injuries; participants in funeral procession throw stones at security forces, homes.

Funeral of Palestinian boy killed in east Jerualem 311 (photo credit: REUTERS/Ammar Awad)
Funeral of Palestinian boy killed in east Jerualem 311
(photo credit: REUTERS/Ammar Awad)
Violence broke out on Saturday between security forces and Palestinians who took part in a funeral procession for the17-year-old Palestinian youth who was injured, and later died, during "Nakba day" disturbances in Silwan, east Jerusalem on Friday.
The Palestinians that took part in the procession threw stones at security forces on the scene and also a Jewish home in Silwan.
RELATED:IDF on Lebanon alert for Nakba Day demonstrationsSecurity and Defense: Bracing for mass protests
Police dispersed the stone throwers, spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said. The procession then continued towards the Temple Mount. Police were continuing to maintain a heavy presence in the area.
A total of six protesters were arrested during the afternoon, mainly for throwing stones at security forces, Police said.
 Palestinian medical sources at the Makassed hospital in east Jerusalem announced earlier on Saturday morning that the teenager had been shot in the stomach and died from his injuries.
The Police said it requested permission to carry out an autopsy on the body, but the request was refused.
Rosenfeld said the youth was treated for a shoulder injury on Friday night, and that his condition deteriorated over night.
"It's not clear what the injuries were, and how he sustained them. An investigation is underway," Rosenfeld said.
During Friday's disturbances, police fired stun grenades and tear gas to disperse rioters.
Jerusalem police and Border Police units were heavily deployed in east Jerusalem, and were on stand by for the possibility of further rioting, Rosenfeld said.
On Friday, four police officers and up to 11 Palestinians were injured throughout east Jerusalem during demonstrations that broke out.
Thirty-four people were arrested for disturbing the peace and intending to use Molotov cocktails, police said.
According to police, four police and Border Police officers were injured from stones thrown at them in several eastern neighborhoods of the city, including Silwan, Issawiya, Ras al-Amud, Shuafat and at the Kalandia checkpoint. One officer was evacuated to hospital for treatment while the others were treated on the scene. All were listed in light condition.
Reuters contributed to this report.