If you have been reading tech news regularly, you might know about the iOS 16. Apple showcased its iOS 16 at WWDC 2022 the previous month, which comes with enhanced personalization options and will power eligible iPhones.
One of the most noteworthy changes of iOS 16 is the new lock screen that Apple had fully reimagined. The new lock screen now supports widgets, animated wallpapers, and more. Before this, users had to rely on live wallpaper apps for iPhone for customization.
The new lock screen of iOS 16 looks unique because it has animations and images that interact with the clock & widgets in real-time. Additionally, the new mobile OS also introduced some cool new wallpapers.
The Major Change In iOS 16 Lock Screen
Besides allowing you to add widgets on the lock screen, Apple also changed the lock screen mechanism. The new tool no longer serves stating images on the lock screen; instead, it renders the Wallpaper in real-time.
This is the only reason developers have faced difficulty retrieving the wallpapers from the beta build of iOS 16.
Customize the iOS 16 lock screen - How to Change Wallpaper
Now that iOS 16 officially supports Lock screen customization, you may want to customize it as needed. As of now, the iOS 16 is available only as a free public or paid developer beta. Here's how you can customize your iPhone lock screen in easy steps.
- First of all, lock your iPhone. Now tap and hold the lock screen to open the Lock Screen picker.
- Next, tap on the customize at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you will be asked to select a new wallpaper. You can pick the Wallpaper you want to set.
How to Add Widget on the Lock Screen?
To add a widget on the iOS 16 lock screen, you need to follow some simple steps shared below.
- Move to the lock screen and open the wallpaper picker.
- After selecting the Wallpaper, tap on the (+) button in the widget area to add a widget.
- Tapping on the (+) button will open the widget picker. Select the widget you want to add.
- Once done, tap on the Done button.
How to Create Additional Lock Screen?
Well, on iOS 16, you can create multiple lock screens. Making an additional lock screen is easy; just long-press the lock screen to view all available lock screens.
- If you want to create a new lock screen, tap the (+) button on the Lock screen and add a new lock screen with a different wallpaper and widget.
2. To switch the lock screens, you must swipe left or right in the Lock Screen picker.
That's it! This is how you can create an additional Lock screen in iOS 16.
Assign Lock Screen to Focus Modes
If you have multiple lock screens on your iPhone and you use the Focus Mode, then it's a good idea to assign lock screens to Focus modes. When you trust lock screens to focus way, they change automatically depending on your selected focus mode.
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone and navigate to Focus.
- Now select the Focus mode you'd like to assign a lock screen.
- Once done, select the Choose option under the Customize Screens.
- Next, select the lock screen you want to use and tap on Done.
This will assign the lock screen to your selected focus mode. Activating this focus mode will immediately switch your lock screen.
Lock screen customization, along with the widget support, really makes iOS 16 cool. So, these are some of the simple steps to customize the iOS 16 lock screen. If you know any other ways to customize the iPhone lock screen, let us know in the comments below.
This article was written in cooperation with technicalustad.com