An eight-year-old girl was recently saved from death at Jerusalem's TEREM urgent care clinic and Hadassah University Medical Center in Ein Kerem by anaphylactic shock after being bitten by a scorpion while walking barefoot in a garden in the capital's Bayit Vegan quarter.
The girl, who lives in the settlement Katzir, was visiting the city with
her family and walking barefoot around 10.30 p.m. two weeks ago. She
suddenly felt a bite on her big toe, which became very swollen. Her
parents took her to the TEREM clinic at the entrance to Jerusalem where
Dr. Salam Dana was on duty.