Accused Colorado gunman made threats prior to shooting

By REUTERS
August 23, 2012 23:57

CENTENNIAL, Colo. - Accused Colorado gunman James Holmes made threats prior to a shooting rampage that left 12 people dead at a suburban Denver movie theater last month, and those threats were reported to law enforcement, a prosecutor said on Thursday.

Holmes was "making threats and those threats were reported to police," prosecutor Karen Pearson said in an evidence hearing, though she did not describe the nature of the threats. She added that Holmes had also been denied access to the University of Colorado campus before the shootings.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 24, 2018
Pompeo: Regime change not U.S. objective in dealings with Iran

By REUTERS