Beduin release Brazilians held in Egypt's Sinai

By REUTERS
March 19, 2012 10:40

ISMAILIA, Egypt - Two Brazilian tourists kidnapped by Beduin tribesmen in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula have been released after negotiations with the Egyptian military, a security source said on Monday.

The tourists, abducted on Sunday, were handed over to security forces near St Catherine's Monastery in the presence of Beduin tribal leaders, the source said. The tourists had been heading to the monastery when their bus was stopped by the armed Beduin.

The Beduin handed over the tourists after the authorities agreed to discuss the case of one of their tribesmen being held in jail on drug-related charges, the source said.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 20, 2018
Gazan sets self on fire to protest salary freeze

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF