Clash in east Jerusalem leaves one dead

November 21, 2010 02:56


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A resident of the east Jerusalem neighborhood of A-Tor was killed and another seriously wounded in a clash that erupted between families on Friday night.

According to an initial police investigation, on Friday night, a 22-year-old member the Abu Ghanem family seriously wounded a 23-year-old man from the Abu Wahl family when he shot him in the head.

In the mayhem that followed, the gun was allegedly accidentally fired, hitting 40-year-old Muhammad Abu Ghanem, a member of the shooter’s family.

Both casualties were rushed to Jerusalem’s Hadassah-University Hospital at Mt. Scopus, where the elder Abu Ghanem.

The young man suspected of shooting fled the scene with his gun and police were searching for him.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 25, 2018
Report: Instagram co-founders step down from company