US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's anticipated testimony on the deadly attack on the US diplomatic post
in Benghazi, Libya, was postponed due to her medical condition, Jodi Seth, a spokeswoman for Senate Foreign Relations Committee head John Kerry, confirmed on Saturday.
Clinton had been expected to testify on Dec. 20 before the House of Representatives and Senate foreign affairs committees on a report on the attack that killed the US ambassador and three other Americans and raised questions about security at far-flung posts.
Seth said that given Clinton's recent concussion, her testimony would be delayed, but did not say until when.
The Republican chair of the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, issued a statement saying she was sorry to hear of Clinton's ill health, but it was "unfortunate" she was unable to testify before the committee next week.
"We still don't have information from the Obama Administration on what went so tragically wrong in Benghazi that resulted in the deaths of four patriotic Americans."
Ros-Lehtinen's statement said Deputy Secretary William Burns and Deputy Secretary Thomas Nides would provide testimony in Clinton's place.