Court delays West Bank outpost eviction

By REUTERS
July 27, 2012 13:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The Supreme Court on Friday granted a government request to delay the eviction of Migron, the largest illegal West Bank outpost.

The court had previously ruled that Migron was built on privately owned Palestinian land and had ordered the government to remove it by August 1. Friday's ruling extended the deadline to August 21.

The government told the court on Sunday that the temporary site set up for Migron's 50 families to move to would not be ready in time.

The army also said it was concerned the eviction could set off violent protests by settlers in the sensitive period of Ramadan and asked to delay the task until after the Muslim holiday was over.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 21, 2018
UK foreign minister Hunt: Trump not the isolationist many feared

By REUTERS