Education Ministry: No 'ban' on school trips to Eilat
By GIL STERN STERN SHEFLER
December 5, 2011 17:57
Israel has not "banned" school trips to Eilat because of safety concerns, a spokesperson from the Education Ministry said on Monday. "Today we diverted school trips from the Netafim seasonal stream outside Eilat in compliance with a directive from the Defense Ministry," the spokesperson said, refusing to go into detail. "Tomorrow the ban will be lifted."
Earlier in the day Israeli media reported that the ministry had ordered schools to take pupils on trips to the southern resort town in light of heightened security concerns.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>