Iran says last of seized cargo ships released in Malta

By REUTERS
April 3, 2011 12:49

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

TEHRAN - Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL) said the last of five cargo ships seized following sanctions against Iran has been released, the semi-official Fars news agency reported on Sunday.

IRISL's vessels were impounded at ports around the world late last year after European banks called in loans to the company.

"The last ship of five IRISL container ships which were seized several months ago has been release on Thursday," the chairman of IRISL, Mohammad Hossein Dajmar, was quoted as saying by Fars.

Sanctions were tightened last year to make it more difficult for Iranian companies to access international banking services, a measure aimed at forcing Tehran to curb its nuclear ambitions.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 21, 2018
Russia: U.S. withdrawal from nuclear treaty is a dangerous step

By REUTERS