Leaks scandal 'brutal' personal attack on pope-top Vatican

By REUTERS
May 29, 2012 19:00

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

VATICAN CITY - The leak of documents from Pope Benedict's private apartment was part of a "brutal" personal attack on the pontiff, the Vatican's deputy secretary of state said on Tuesday.

Archbishop Angelo Becciu made his comments in an interview with the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, which said that the pope's butler was in possession of "a large number" of the pope's private documents when he was arrested last week.

It was the first time the Vatican newspaper has reported the arrest of the butler, Paolo Gabriele.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 18, 2018
China cuts Air China's flight hours, launches safety review after incident

By REUTERS