Libyan suspect in US envoy attack killed in Cairo

By REUTERS
October 25, 2012 15:25

CAIRO - A Libyan militant suspected by Egypt of involvement in last month's attack on the US consulate in Libya has been killed during a raid by Egyptian security forces in Cairo, a security official said on Thursday.

The Libyan was killed on Wednesday in a raid targeting him and other militants with suspected links to al-Qaida in Cairo's eastern district of Nasr City, the official said. Four Egyptian militants were detained in the operation, he added.

The Libyan, identified as Karim Ahmed Essam el-Azizi, was killed by a bomb he had tried to use against the security forces during the raid, the security official said.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 26, 2018
Trump says having 'very productive talks' with North Korea on summit

By REUTERS