Minister: ICC accepts Gaddafi son to be tried in Libya

By REUTERS
January 23, 2012 13:21

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

TRIPOLI - The International Criminal Court accepts that Saif al-Islam Gaddafi will be tried in Libya rather than at the Hague-based court, Libyan Justice Minister Ali Khalifa Ashur said on Monday.

"Libya applied on Friday to the ICC for Saif to be tried in a Libyan court. The ICC accepted," he told Reuters.

An investigation into the son of the overthrown Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi had yet to finish but his trial date would be announced when it had been completed, Ashur added.

The ICC issued an arrest warrant for Saif al-Islam after prosecutors accused him and others of involvement in the killing of protesters during the revolt that eventually toppled his father in August.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
Turkish lira weakens to 5.86, U.S. warns of more sanctions

By REUTERS