Nebraska captures one of two sex offenders who escaped prison

By REUTERS
June 12, 2016 02:10

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

One of two convicted sex offenders who broke out of a Nebraska prison this week was captured on Saturday in a storm drain after an intensive manhunt, while the other remains at large, the Nebraska State Patrol said.

Armon Dixon, 37, jailed on a total sentence of 158 years for multiple offenses including sexual assault, drug possession and robbery, was taken into custody. The inmate still at large, Timothy Clausen, 52, was serving a 51-year sentence for crimes including sexual assault of a child.

Two women who had been assaulted in their home on Saturday identified a suspect to police who matched a description of Dixon, the Nebraska State Patrol said in a statement.

Sniffer dogs were dispatched and tracked Dixon to a storm drain about 10 miles from the prison, where a robot was used to locate him. Dixon then exited the drain and was taken into custody, it said.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 23, 2018
Gunman dead after shooting 9, including girl, in Toronto

By REUTERS