Obama: Muslim world must help protect Americans abroad

By REUTERS
September 19, 2012 00:02

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

NEW YORK - US President Barack Obama on Tuesday pressed leaders of the Muslim world to help ensure security for Americans in their countries after a wave of violence against US diplomatic compounds.

"The message we have to send to the Muslim world is we expect you to work with us to keep our people safe," Obama said during a taped interview with CBS's David Letterman in New York. "We expect their full cooperation because that's the only way the world works."

Protesters have attacked US embassies and burned American flags after an obscure California-made film triggered an attack on the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi last week that killed US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

Obama, who has ordered tightened security at US's installations, called the video "offensive" but said it was not an excuse for violence.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Egyptian monks sent to trial over killing of bishop

By REUTERS