PM: First priority on Egypt border is now stopping terror

By JPOST.COM STAFF
September 13, 2011 14:22

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Tuesday said that Israel's priorities on the border with Egypt have changed in light of terror attacks last month that emanated from Sinai.

"Putting up the [border] fence is first of all a measure against terror and only afterward against illegal infiltrators," Army Radio quoted Netanyahu as saying while on a visit to the South.

Netanyahu said that he has ordered that the building of the fence be accelerated so that a 240 kilometer section will be ready in one year's time.

"This is a border of peace, and in order that it stay that way, we will need to reinforce security and the fence," the prime minister said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Minister sees end to 'stupid' airport grilling of leftists

By REUTERS