PM calls Erdogan to offer condolences and help

By REUTERS
October 24, 2011 20:48

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu called Turkey's Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan on Monday to offer his condolences for a powerful earthquake that killed at least 279 people in eastern Turkey, Erdogan's office said.

In the phone call, Netanyahu said the Jewish state was ready to assist Turkey, a statement from Erdogan's office said. Netanyahu's office had no immediate comment.



Ties between the two Middle Eastern countries have been strained since Israeli commandos last year raided a Turkish flotilla bound for the Gaza Strip, killing nine pro-Palestinian Turkish activists.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Brexit minister to meet with EU negotiator in attempt to speed process

By REUTERS