Police question brothers in India holy city blast

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
December 8, 2010 08:00

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

LUCKNOW, India — Police were questioning two brothers for their alleged involvement in a blast that killed a toddler and triggered a stampede that left many others wounded in a holy Indian city, a top police official said Wednesday.

The men were detained in Mumbai, India's financial hub, after investigators determined that an e-mail claiming responsibility for the blast in Varanasi town had been sent from a laptop belonging to the two, the official said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

The bomb hidden in a metal canister exploded Tuesday evening as thousands gathered for a daily Hindu ritual on the banks of the Ganges River in Varanasi.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 25, 2018
Bahrain accuses 169 of forming another Hezbollah

By REUTERS