S. Korea accepts N. Korean proposal for defense talks

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
January 20, 2011 22:33

SEOUL — South Korea said Thursday it accepted a North Korean proposal to hold high-level defense talks a day after the leaders of the US and China called for better communication between the two Koreas.

The agenda this time should include North Korean assurances that it will take "responsible measures" over the ship sinking and another deadly incident last year and not provoke further tensions, said Lee Jong-joo, a spokeswoman for South Korea's Unification Ministry, which is in charge of inter-Korean affairs.


Related Content

Breaking news
October 23, 2019
Trump's G7 and trade adviser Kelly Ann Shaw to leave White House

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings