Saudi Arabia has not made decision on sending ground troops to Yemen

By REUTERS
March 29, 2015 16:59

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

WASHINGTON - Saudi Arabia is focussing on using air strikes to combat Iranian-allied Houthi fighters in Yemen, and has not contemplated sending in ground troops, the country's ambassador to the United States told NBC on Sunday morning.

"We haven't made a decision to send ground troops," Adel al-Jubeir said on NBC's Meet the Press. "So far, it has been an air campaign. We have a plan in motion and we are executing this plan."

Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2018
Greece exits final bailout successfully

By REUTERS