Suez Canal traffic resumes after beached ship moved

By REUTERS
April 3, 2011 21:14

CAIRO - Traffic through Egypt's Suez Canal resumed after a 42,000-tonne container ship that ran aground earlier on Sunday was moved, an official at the Suez Canal Authority said.

The ship, which was carrying a Liberian flag, had suffered engine failure and ran aground at al-Kantara city near the Mediterranean port city of Port Said, blocking the movement of 28 other ships in the waterway, the official said.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 28, 2018
IED goes off by IDF position near Nablus, no damage incurred

By JPOST.COM STAFF